Today (February 24th) was originally scheduled to be the final day of reporting on Scott E’s Blog website for Carroll County and Howard County news. The courts had a different idea as they moved the Maryland candidate filing deadline back to March 22nd while they deal with the newly gerrymandered redistricted congressional and legislative maps.
Back on February 13th I announced that I would extend limited operations until March 23rd that remains the plan. My goal has always been provided as much information to the communities as possible about candidates this election cycle before I walk away. If you missed that announcement…you can view it here:
By the way…I picked the winner of the Super Bowl this year in that video.
So the regular posting of news and press releases will end on the website starting today but there will continue to be some items posted on the Blog over the next month:
February 24th – Operations to reduce to the following:
- Weekly video updates and/or posts on new candidate filings in Carroll County and Howard County (Friday or Saturday mornings)
- Continue publishing articles about new candidates from press releases, statement and photos (for candidates that send me that information)
- Continue candidate interviews online – Live streamed on Scott E’s Blog or Carroll County Observer social media channels. You can check out all of the past and upcoming interviews here: https://scotteblog.com/2022-howard-county-and-carroll-county-candidate-interview-calendar/
- Other limited posts that I think are important enough to share with the community (Redistricting, school masking decisions or other major items for the communities)
On March 23rd I will publish articles listing candidates running in Carroll County and Howard County in 2022 with as much information as I have at that time:
- Listing of each candidate in races I am tracking
- Articles from the Blog about the candidates
- Interviews conducted with candidates
I also plan a final Blog post on March 23rd to close the operational status of the Blog website.
The Blog social media channels (for Scott E’s Blog and Carroll County Observer) will remain active for sharing information from other sources. You can see that announcement here:
Hopefully this helps me begin the transition away and reduce my stress level of trying to follow and report out on everything in two counties before I take my “break” from this stuff next month.
Thank you all for understanding and following the Blog.