With most colleges resuming in-person learning and BLS data showing a correlation between higher education levels, higher income and lower unemployment rates, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2022’s Most & Least Educated States in America, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary.
In order to determine the most educated states, WalletHub compared all 50 states across 18 metrics that examined the key factors of a well-educated population: educational attainment, school quality and achievement gaps between genders and races.
How educated is Maryland? (1=Most; 25=Avg.):
- 25th – % of High-School Diploma Holders
- 10th – % of Associate’s Degree Holders or College-Experienced Adults
- 3rd – % of Bachelor’s Degree Holders
- 2nd – % of Graduate- or Professional-Degree Holders
- 10th – Avg. University Quality
- 18th – Racial Gap in Educational Attainment
- 1st – Gender Gap in Educational Attainment
For the full report, please visit:
Here is a look at the top 5 noted in the study:
Rankings of other states of interest:
50 West Virginia