In this article I am providing summary campaign finance information for all candidates running for Carroll County State’s Attorney in 2022. Currently there are two candidates that have filed to run (David Ellin and Haven Shoemaker).
Here is a summary of their reports, notes and links to the full report details:
(R) David Ellin
- Starting Balance: $1,861.70
- Total Receipts: $27,782.00
- Total Expenditures: $10,582.16
- Cash Balance: $19,061.54
Other items of note:
There is $22,000 in outstanding loans noted on the report ($15,000 from this election cycle).
See the report here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rD8WuwaOZBPI4t1uyuoB9QUyYJhkvZvH/view?usp=sharing
(R) Haven Shoemaker
- Starting Balance: $9,483.02
- Total Receipts: $27,370.00
- Total Expenditures: $14,019.88
- Cash Balance: $22,833.14
Other items of note:
There is $47,988.40 in outstanding loans noted on the report (all from previous election cycles).
There is $2,000 noted from “Political Clubs”. Honestly looking at this section it seems that some of these contributions are mislabeled as some money is from other candidate campaign finance committees and some money is from PACs.
There is $1,590 of “In-Kind” expenditure money noted on the report to the campaign account of Sheriff DeWees for yard signs. I am guessing image from a post on Jan 1, 2022 is representative of that money spent: (click image to see the social media post)
See the report here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w6-4YXnc6q3k2YSfW8Eomly6fYM2ltqp/view?usp=sharing
Here is a side by side look from my tracking spreadsheet:
My Comments: The money is pretty even in this race at this point looking at the cash on hand. I expect this to be one of the more interesting Primary races to watch in Carroll County in 2022.
Why do I note loan balances in the information above…I believe that this could be indicative of a candidates ability and willingness to self finance their campaigns. Something to keep in mind.
Here is my scheduled “Show Me The Money” campaign report articles going forward:
In Carroll County:
- January 22nd: Carroll County Board of Education Candidates
- I may also look at the Delegate race in District 5 early next week. I have not pulled those reports yet but planning to review them over the weekend. If there is enough interesting information worth sharing I will put out an article in the near future.