We have our first candidate filing for Carroll County Commissioner in District 4 in 2022: Michael Guerin. Michael filed to run on December 13th: https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2022/primary_candidates/gen_cand_lists_2022_1_by_county_7.html
There is a campaign website up and running today for this campaign: https://www.guerin4district4.com/. I was unable to locate any social media channels for this campaign (on Facebook or Twitter).
I do not have a lot of information at this point outside of what is listed on the website about page:
- Father and husband. Married for over 25 years with three children in the Carroll County Public School System.
- I am a proud graduate of South Carroll High School, graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and later the University of Maryland School of Public Affairs where I received a Masters of Public Policy (M.P.P)
- I am a proud veteran having served in the US Army Reserve, US Coast Guard and later as an intelligence officer. I will always value the work our own military men and woman do in our community. Member: American Legion Post 191 (Mt. Airy).
- Life-long Republican that served four years on the Carroll County Republican Central Committee and was also a candidate for the MD House of Delegates. Since 2020 I have devoted my time and energy empowering Maryland citizens with the ability to enact change on a national level using the powers granted to us by the U.S. Constitution.
- I am not new to the challenges we face in Carroll County. I served four years on the Carroll County Planning and Zoning Commission (2002-2006) where the implementation of adequacy standards played an important role in managing growth and preparing comprehensive plans, zoning ordinances, and subdivision regulations to guide development.
Note above “was also a candidate for the MD House of Delegates”…I did find the Primary Election results back in 2002 for Delegate in District 9B where Michael Guerin came in 3rd out of six candidates in that race:
Current County Commissioner in District 4 is Eric Bouchat. All current indications are that he will not seek reelection as County Commissioner and will seek another office in 2022. He has not filed (or formally announced that I have seen) what office that will be at this time.
Election results in 2018 for County Commissioner in District 4:
I will keep an eye out for additional candidates in this and other local Carroll County races. You can track candidates in Carroll County running here: https://scotteblog.com/2022-primary-election-candidates-carroll-county/