I am keeping with my update every 3 days model to the “Mask Mandates in Maryland Schools: What we know up to this point“. Past updates were on August 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th and 17th…so now that it is the 20th I thought this would be a good time to provide additional information about other school systems in Maryland.
The most recent things I have seen relate to Caroline County, Talbot County and Washington County schools Public Schools.
Masks are now required for all individuals inside Caroline County Public Schools buildings, regardless of vaccination status, when students are present.
Requiring universal indoor masking for individuals age 2 years and older, including students/children, teachers, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
Masks are also required for all individuals inside school buildings to start the school year, regardless of vaccination status.
Requiring masks for students and staff:
- Allegany County
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore County
- Baltimore City
- Calvert County
- Caroline County
- Charles County
- Frederick County
- Harford County
- Howard County
- Kent County
- Montgomery County
- Prince George’s County
- Queens Anne’s County
- Talbot County
- Washington County
Requiring masks for unvaccinated students and staff
- Dorchester County
Encouraging the use of face masks by students and staff who are not vaccinated or no mask mandate:
- Carroll County
- Somerset County
- Worcester County
- Scott E’s Blog: Howard County Public School System will require masks in school buildings for all students, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status
- WBAL: Face masks to be required in some Maryland schools in fall
- Fox 5 DC: School Mask Mandates: What you need to know in DC, Maryland and Virginia
- AACPS: https://www.aacps.org/2122update
Herald-Mail Media reported: Washington County Public Schools to return Aug. 30 to full capacity without mask mandate
- Calvert County Public Schools
- Carroll County: Carroll County Board of Education keeps masks optional for the start of the 2021-2022 school year for CCPS
- Harford, Kent Counties (CLICK HERE)
- Dorchester County “Unvaccinated students and staff to wear masks in all facilities” (Read More)
- Allegany County and Queens Anne’s County (CLICK HERE)
- Additional sources noted above in this article
Also I have added Somerset and Worcester Counties to the color map from these sources:
- Somerset: https://www.somerset.k12.md.us/apps/pages/July1Update
- Update: “Wearing of masks in all SCPS facilities will be optional” – https://www.somerset.k12.md.us/apps/pages/21-22_Reopening
- Worcester: http://worcesterk12.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=577441&pageId=9576642
I am still not 100% sure about Cecil or Garrett Counties status…but I know Garrett County has a special Board of Education meeting scheduled for August 24th:
The Garrett County Board of Education will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 to discuss the Fall Recovery and Reopening Plan. The Board will meet in the Board Room at Central Office. The meeting is open to the public and will also be live-streamed for public review.
Things are still changing quickly and I will continue to watch out for further announcements or updates from other jurisdictions in Maryland (especially central Maryland). If you see updates always feel free to reach out and let me know.