Beginning on August 17th, Carroll County Senior & Community Centers are implementing modified operations for the health and safety of center attendees and staff. The adjustments are due to the recent increasing number of COVID-19 infections and recent changes to Carroll County Government’s meeting and gathering process.
On August 16th, out of an abundance of caution, the Carroll County Board of Commissioners announced updated restrictions regarding all gatherings and meetings involving county staff and county facilities. In awareness of increasing COVID-19 infections and in order to protect staff and the community, all county meetings or gatherings where physical distancing of 6 feet is not possible will return to a virtual environment.
Please note the following regarding the operations at each senior and community enter:
- The number of attendees for activities such as congregate dining, exercise classes and craft classes will be limited to enable social distancing
- Pool rooms will be limited to two players per table
- Pickleball will not be offered
- Card games will not be held indoors but may be offered outside
- Mahjong games will not be held
- Additional activities at centers may be impacted or modified
- Masks are not required but are highly recommended for individuals who have not received the COVID-19 vaccination
“We are taking the situation one day at a time and trying to balance both the needs of our community while considering the current guidance and then implementing procedures to protect our residents,” said Commissioner Ed Rothstein. “This decision is made out of an abundance of caution as we try to emphasize safety first without completely restricting all activities.”
Residents and center members should contact Carroll County’s Bureau of Aging & Disabilities at 410-386-3800 or call the senior center with questions or to receive more information. Senior & community center information is available on the county’s website.
Mt. Airy Senior & Community Center 410-386-3960
North Carroll Senior & Community Center 410-386-3900
South Carroll Senior & Community Center 410-386-3700
Taneytown Senior & Community Center 410-386-2700
Westminster Senior & Community Center 410-386-3850