SEE THE LATEST UPDATES HERE
I am keeping with my update every 3 days model to the “Mask Mandates in Maryland Schools: What we know up to this point“. Past updates were on August 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th and 14th…so now that it is the 17th I thought this would be a good time to provide additional information about other school systems in Maryland.
The most recent things I have seen relate to Allegany County Public Schools and Queen Anne’s County Public Schools.
Noted on the Allegany County Public Schools website:
“The school board voted on an amendment to the 2021-2022 Reopening Plan to begin the school year requiring that all students and staff, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors. This mandate becomes effective Monday, August 16, 2021.”
The following image was sent to me about Queen Anne’s County Public Schools that notes:
“Universal face coverings for all staff and students in all buildings and buses”
Requiring masks for students and staff:
- Allegany County
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore County
- Baltimore City
- Calvert County
- Charles County
- Frederick County
- Harford County
- Howard County
- Kent County
- Montgomery County
- Prince George’s County
- Queens Anee’s County
Requiring masks for unvaccinated students and staff
- Dorchester County
Encouraging the use of face masks by students and staff who are not vaccinated or no mask mandate:
- Caroline County
- Carroll County
- Washington County
- Scott E’s Blog: Howard County Public School System will require masks in school buildings for all students, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status
- WBAL: Face masks to be required in some Maryland schools in fall
- Fox 5 DC: School Mask Mandates: What you need to know in DC, Maryland and Virginia
- AACPS: https://www.aacps.org/2122update
- Herald-Mail Media reported: Washington County Public Schools to return Aug. 30 to full capacity without mask mandate
- Calvert County Public Schools
- Carroll County: Carroll County Board of Education keeps masks optional for the start of the 2021-2022 school year for CCPS
- Harford and Kent Counties (CLICK HERE)
- Additional sources noted above in this article
In Harford County there are a great many parents not thrilled with the Mask Mandates for schools (reported by Fox 45 Baltimore: “I can’t breathe”: Large protest against mask mandate at Harford County schools):
Bel Air police were seen escorting several women to the parking garage after a school board meeting that featured a large anti-mask-mandate protest.
WATCH FOX45 News at 10 for the complete story.https://t.co/5TrHBB1jdx pic.twitter.com/Ibh5GNgrvg
— FOX Baltimore (@FOXBaltimore) August 17, 2021
Things are changing quickly and I will continue to watch out for further announcements or updates from other jurisdictions in Maryland (especially central Maryland). If you see updates always feel free to reach out and let me know.
How can I raise my voice about anti-mask mandate?
Comments are closed.