As an update to “Mask Mandates in Maryland Schools: What we know up to this point“…on August 6th the Herald-Mail Media reported “Washington County Public Schools to return Aug. 30 to full capacity without mask mandate“. The source reports:
Washington County Public Schools does not plan to impose capacity limits or mask requirements in response to the coronavirus pandemic when the new school year starts Aug. 30.
You can watch the referenced Washington County Board of Education meeting from August 3rd here in Facebook:
Here is my updated list of school systems that have I have seen updates on relating to masks:
Requiring masks for students and staff:
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore County
- Baltimore City
- Charles County
- Frederick County
- Howard County
- Montgomery County
- Prince George’s County
Encouraging the use of face masks by students and staff who are not vaccinated or no mask mandate:
- Queen Anne’s County
- Washington County
- Scott E’s Blog: Howard County Public School System will require masks in school buildings for all students, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status
- WBAL: Face masks to be required in some Maryland schools in fall
- Fox 5 DC: School Mask Mandates: What you need to know in DC, Maryland and Virginia
- AACPS: https://www.aacps.org/2122update
- Herald-Mail Media reported: Washington County Public Schools to return Aug. 30 to full capacity without mask mandate
Also…reported by FOX 45 back on July 28th:
“Several districts have already said they will not require masks…”
- Carroll County Schools says the board of education would have to vote to change their policy.
- Harford County Schools says they have no information to share at this time.
I have not seen recent updates from these two school districts so I have not added them to the lists above.
I will continue to watch out for further announcements from other jurisdictions in Maryland (especially central Maryland).