Announced by Carroll County Government on July 12th:
The Department of Public Works, Bureau of Solid Waste, is pleased to announce that we have added a drop-off for Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County, ReStore. ReStore is a non-profit retail organization specializing in the resale of quality new and used building materials, home furnishings and appliances to the public. ReStore sells donated goods to raise funds to build or renovate affordable housing for families in need.
All Donations will be taken to the Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County, ReStore, 433 Hahn Road, Westminster, MD.
Acceptable items and minimum amounts accepted at the Northern Landfill, Recycling Center (list can be modified):
- Tile (unused, not broken- equal to or greater than 50 square feet)
- Doors (No interior hollow core doors)
- Lighting (with all parts, usable and in working condition)
- Floor covering (Unused – equal to or greater than 50 square feet)
- Appliances (clean and less than 10 years old, must have cords)
- Insulation (unused wrapped or bagged)
- Cabinets (Clean, not broken, has all doors and hardware)
- Lumber (6’ or longer)
- Marble tile (unused, not broken)
- Sinks (not broken or stained)
- Toilets (complete. new)
- Windows (whole windows, glass not broken)
Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County ReStore also accepts donations delivered directly to the store at 422 Hahn Road, Westminster, MD, 21157.
Here is the location of the Carroll County ReStore: