Noted in the Howard County Police Department Daily Crime Bulletin, Thursday, June 3, 2021
Theft from vehicle/vehicle break-in
- 9300 block of Gerwig Lane, June 1-2 overnight, catalytic converter
- 9600 block of Broken Land Parkway, June 2, catalytic converter
- 8900 block of Whiskey Bottom Road, June 1-2 overnight, two vehicles: catalytic converters
- 9900 block of Washington Boulevard, June 1-2 overnight, multiple vehicles: catalytic converters
- 10000 block of Washington Boulevard, June 1-2 overnight, catalytic converter
I have mapped the locations of these thefts in Google Maps:
Given the times and locations (southern part of Columbia / northern part of Laurel) it is possible that much of this could be the work of one crew that evening (that would be my guess).
Noted in the June 2nd crime log…the following incidents of theft of catalytic converters were noted:
- 9500 block of Gerwig Lane, June 1, catalytic converter
Ellicott City, 21043:
- 3200 block of Normandy Woods Drive, June 1, catalytic converter
Here is that map from the reported incidents noted on June 2nd:
By my count that is 7 locations around Howard County and at least 9 (or more) vehicles having catalytic converter stolen in a couple of days. That is not great.