With 27% of people who moved last year citing being closer to family as the main reason, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2021’s Best & Worst Places to Raise a Family, as well as accompanying videos.
To determine the most family-friendly places in America, WalletHub compared more than 180 cities across 48 key metrics. The data set ranges from housing affordability to school-system quality to COVID-19 cases.
Raising a Family in Columbia (1=Best; 91=Avg.):
- 1st – Median Family Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 17th – Housing Affordability
- 39th – % of Two-Parent Families
- 18th – % of Families Living in Poverty
- 14th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 18th – Average Daily COVID-19 Cases in the Past Week per Capita
- 5th – % of Residents Who Are Fully Vaccinated
For the full report, please visit:
Other cities in Maryland that made the list:
- #172 - Baltimore, MD