With summer approaching and the leisure and hospitality sectors gaining 331,000 jobs in April, entertainment and tourism that were restricted during the pandemic, the personal-finance website WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2021’s Best Places for Summer Jobs, as well as accompanying videos.
To help job seekers find the best summer employment opportunities, WalletHub compared more than 180 markets in the U.S. across 23 key metrics. The data set ranges from the median income of part-time workers to the availability of summer jobs to COVID-19 cases.
Finding a Summer Job in Columbia (1=Best; 91=Avg.):
- 19th – Availability of Summer Jobs
- 32nd – Availability of Internships
- 1st – Median Income of Part-Time Workers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 62nd – Rental Price as Share of Median Income
- 12th – % of Insured Part-Time Workers
- 41st – % of Population Aged 16 to 24
- 37th – Average Daily COVID-19 Cases in the Past Week per Capita
For the full report, please visit:
Here is a listing of the top 12 (Columbia ranks 12th):
Other notable locations:
- Baltimore: Ranked 145th