April is Do Good Month for Terps, and the UMD Howard County Terp Alumni Network has partnered with Food on the 15th AND The Kindness Pantry. We invite you to help those in need in our community with our Drive Through Donation Drive where we will be collecting non-perishable food, new school supplies and eye glasses. We hope you will join us on Sunday, April 18 from 1-3 p.m. at St. Peters Episcopal Church, 3695 Rogers Ave, Ellicott City, MD 21043
Please share this extensively with your co-workers, family, friends and neighbors as well as faith-based organizations and anyone else who can help get the word out.
Complete details can be found by clicking on this link.
Venue: St. Peter’s Episcopal Church Parking Lot
Address: 3695 Rogers Ave. Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
April is “Do Good” Month for Terps. On Sunday, April 18 from 1-3 p.m. at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 3695 Rogers Ave, Ellicott City, MD 21043 we are asking community members to drop off the following items:
1. Healthy (non-sugar sweetened) non-perishable food items from all food groups (Food on the 15th)
2. Healthy, individually packaged snacks for school children (Kindness Pantry)
3. New school supplies (Pencils, Crayons, Composition Notebooks, Pencil Sharpeners, Pink Erasers, Glue Sticks, Kid Scissors, Eraser Caps) They must be brand new, in original packaging, or we will be unable to accept them (Kindness Pantry)
4. Eye Glasses (for the Lion’s Club)
The Howard County Terps Alumni Network is partnering with the following groups to collect and get items to those in need in our community:
- Food on the 15th
- Kindness Pantry
- Lion’s Club
- Howard County Kiwanis
- Columbia Town Center Rotary
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
This is a socially distanced drive through. Please stay in your car and pop your trunk. Due to safety issues, we cannot retrieve items from your back or front seat. If you roll down your window, you must wear a mask. A volunteer will take the items you are donating from your trunk, and you can drive off.
For questions: Julie Rosenthal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos above and below were provided by Julie A. Rosenthal, Founder and Director, Food on the 15th