Howard County Executive Calvin Ball will announce $1 million in state funding for the renovation and expansion of the East Columbia 50+ Center on Wednesday, March 31st at 11:00 a.m. Ball also has also allocated approximately $5.5 million towards the renovation in his capital budget for FY 2022, which will be sent to the Howard County Council on April 1.
“The East Columbia 50+ Center is a critical resource for our aging residents and our community,” said Ball. “We’re incredibly thankful to Senator Guy Guzzone and our entire State Delegation for their advocacy and hard work to support this project and Howard County. As we’ve seen throughout the past year, a community center that allows our older residents to connect, learn, and thrive is a key component to a high quality of life.”
East Columbia 50+ Center Funding Press Conference
Wednesday, March 31, 2021, at 11:00 a.m.
East Columbia 50+ Center, 6600 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD 21045
- Calvin Ball, Howard County Executive
- Dr. Opel Jones, Howard County Council Member District 2
- Christiana Rigby, Howard County Council Member District 3
- Jenna Crawley, Administrator, Office on Aging and Independence
- Pearl Atkinson Stewart, Member, 50+ Steering Committee
- Fran LoPresti, Member, 50+ Steering Committee