Here is the weekly recap of Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) Varsity Field Hockey:
Scores: (see all scores here)
- Centennial 5, Hammond 0 (Photos)
- River Hill 2, Mt. Hebron 1 (Photos)
- Glenelg 5, Reservoir 1
- Marriotts Ridge 3, Howard 0
- Wilde Lake 2, Long Reach 1
- Atholton 10, Oakland Mills 0
- Atholton 3, Long Reach 0
- Hammond 5, Oakland Mills 0
- Centennial 8, Wilde Lake 0
- River Hill 2, Howard 1
- Marriotts Ridge 2, Reservoir 1
- Glenelg 1, Mt. Hebron 0
You get photos from two games this week:
- River Hill over Mt. Hebron on March 15th (from Michele Fuhrman)
- Centennial over Hammond on March 15th (from Scott E)
Scott E’s Blog Power 4 Ranking
(Top 4 teams in Howard County Field Hockey per Scott E’s Blog)
Notes: This is something new I thought might be fun. Here are my rankings and why:
#1 Centennial – This team is undefeated and has outscored opponents 35 to 0 so far this season.
#2 River Hill – River Hill does not have a loss this season and has been the model of consistency winning every game 2 to 1.
#3 Glenelg – Glenelg only has 1 loss this season (to River Hill) and has scored the most goals in Division A (10 goals on the season) and has the highest goal differential in Division A (+7 goals).
#4 Atholton – Atholton only has one loss this season (to Centennial 0 – 11).
Other teams to keep an eye on:
Hammond (currently 2 – 2): Held Centennial to only 5 goals (lowest offensive output by Centennial this season so far).
I will try and update this POWER 4 RANKING in the weekly updates as the season moves forward.
Keep up with all sports articles and standings here: https://scotteblog.com/howard-county-public-school-system-2020-2021-fall-sports-standings-and-articles/