The lawsuit filed by parents to “unravel gridlock preventing children from returning to school” is headed to Circuit Court today at 8:30am.
Scott E’s Blog has published the following updates to this story over the past few months:
- December: Parents file lawsuit against Howard County school board to unravel gridlock preventing children from returning to school
- December: A group of 17 former Student Members of the Howard County Board of Education released a statement in support of current SMOB Zach Koung
- January: Parents provide an update about their lawsuit against the Howard County school board
- January: The Howard County Board of Education Secures Pro Bono Legal Counsel for SMOB Lawsuit
- February: Parents provide an update about their lawsuit against the Howard County school board – February 10th
- February: Venable Files Amicus Brief Opposing Attempt to Strip Howard County Board of Education Student Member of Voting Rights
You may be able to actually listen to the case online today:
- Courts will allow members of the public and press to access remote hearings with the exception of non-public hearings via audio conference/telephone access.
- The courts will provide information on audio access via the clerk’s office or posted online.
Remote Hearing Details:
Phone number: 833 568 8864
Meeting ID: 161 828 8534
(Note – there may be a passcode needed as well and I am working to see if that is needed to listen to the audio of this case. If I get confirmation of a public passcode I will post that to this article.)
ARTICLE UPDATE: There is no need for a passcode to enter the meeting
More information can be found at https://mdcourts.gov/virtualcourtrooms
View the docket for Civil Court today here: https://mdcourts.gov/circuit/ho/hocidocket.pdf