Howard County Executive Calvin Ball will host a press conference to discuss the County’s approach for equitable distribution of the vaccine on Monday, March 8th at 10:30 a.m. at St. John’s Baptist Church in Columbia. The County Executive will also receive his first vaccination dose to increase vaccine confidence in the community. The event will also be live-streamed on Facebook.
“After nearly a year with COVID-19 in our community, we have seen how starkly this virus has exacerbated the cracks and ruptures already present in Howard County,” said Ball. “Now with expanded eligibility and increasing supply, we must do the hard work of ensuring that communities of color, our more vulnerable residents, neighbors with limited English proficiency, residents of all abilities, and people who have limited access to online registration can get their vaccine.”
WHAT: Vaccination Equity Presser
WHEN: Monday, March 8th, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: St. John’s Baptist Church, 9055 Tamar Drive, Columbia MD 21045
- Calvin Ball, Howard County Executive
- Dr. Maura Rossman, Howard County Health Officer
- Dr. Michael Martirano, Superintendent, Howard County Public School System
- Dr. Shafeeq Ahmed, Interim President, Howard County General Hospital
- Stephanie Adibe, Deputy Director, Department of Community Resources and Services
- Stephanie Wall, Strategic Outreach Coordinator
- Cris Oviedo, La Alianza Latina Co-Chair
- Reverend Robert Turner, St. John’s Baptist Church
Here is the location for the event today:
If I do not attend the event to take some photos I will embed the press conference here on this post.