I was recently approached to see if I would be interested in hosting a Virtual Town Hall session for families to provide feedback on the recent Howard County Board of Education decisions regarding the Howard County Public School System Reopening Plan. Of course I said I would be happy to facilitate this discussion in our community.
This event will be held online (via Zoom) on January 31st (Sunday) at 3:00pm.
If you wish to participate be sure to register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUkdOmsqTgpE9N61br_T0-YeJI4yq9VbmdR
The format of this event is currently scheduled as follows:
- Opening statement from Scott E
- Opening statement(s) from the meeting hosts (Eleanor Jones, Colleen Meyer, Beth Lawson and Morrisa Vollmerhausen)
- Public comments:
- Each member that registers and participates with be provided 3 minutes to provide any comments they have about the current HCPSS Reopening Plan (similar to what you would get before the Board of Education)
- Scott E will be the time keeper for the public comments
- Playing of submitted videos
- Members of the public that can not attend this town hall on the scheduled date and time can submit videos to Scott E (email@example.com) and those videos will be played after all live comments have been completed.
- If you submit a video please remember is must be 3 minutes or less in time.
(Note – changes to the plan above may happen so keep an eye on this page)
My hope is that elected officials on the Board of Education join in to hear the comments from the community in this virtual session. Elected officials are welcome to join in by registering for the event and attending or by watching the live stream session.
Here is information from HCPSS on the latest decisions relating to Reopening:
Any member of the community wishing to particle can click the button below to register:
If you have questions about this event be sure to reach out (firstname.lastname@example.org).