The Howard County Health Department COVID-19 dashboard is showing 65 beds in use due to patients with COVID-19 on January 18th (49 Acute and 16 ICU). This represents the highest number of beds in use due to COVID-19 reported by the Howard County Health Department.
The previous high number of beds in use was 63 reported on January 14th and January 17th.
The COVID Patient Utilization – 7 day average is now reported at 24.3%. This is the highest percentage noted since May 15, 2020 (24.6%).
Here are some current charts from the dashboard:
Here are important links with data on Coronavirus (COVID-19) numbers I use regularly:
- Maryland: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Howard County: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Departments/Health/MM-Alerts-and-Recalls
- Carroll County: https://cchd.maryland.gov/carroll-county-md-cases/
- Scott E’s Blog Google Spreadsheet (new for 2021): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feQ7tUQyizlHbeqm-nYJuXVKDXb_vgZOmzJ829k8xqA/edit?usp=sharing
- mSightly: https://www.msightly.com/covid-19/details.php?documentID=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&documentName=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&eventID=9999&category_id=Maryland&category=Maryland&objectID=276
Note: Daily COVID-19 updates going forward will only happen when something significant needs to be reported during the week. Weekly weekend charts will continue to happen on Saturday or Sunday (depending on my schedule and the timing of the release of the information) starting again in February 2021. Monthly charts will happen around the 1st of each month.