Carroll County has seen a recent drop in COVID-19 positivity rate and it is now being reported that the 7 day rolling average is 6.82% for January 15th (reported on January 16th). This is the first time since Christmas day that the positivity rate has fallen below 7%. Here is a chart showing the data from the state and a graph from the state dashboard:
There have been few recent updates to the Carroll County Health Department COVID-19 page: https://cchd.maryland.gov/carroll-county-md-cases/ so this data came from the Maryland Department of Health datasets (Click Here).
Here are important links with data on Coronavirus (COVID-19) numbers I use regularly:
- Maryland: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Howard County: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Departments/Health/MM-Alerts-and-Recalls
- Carroll County: https://cchd.maryland.gov/carroll-county-md-cases/
- Scott E’s Blog Google Spreadsheet (new for 2021): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feQ7tUQyizlHbeqm-nYJuXVKDXb_vgZOmzJ829k8xqA/edit?usp=sharing
- mSightly: https://www.msightly.com/covid-19/details.php?documentID=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&documentName=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&eventID=9999&category_id=Maryland&category=Maryland&objectID=276
Note: Daily COVID-19 updates going forward will only happen when something significant needs to be reported during the week. Weekly weekend charts will continue to happen on Saturday or Sunday (depending on my schedule and the timing of the release of the information) starting again in February 2021. Monthly charts will happen around the 1st of each month.