The Maryland Department of Health dashboard is reporting 101 new cases of COVID-19 in Carroll County on January 9, 2021. This follows 153 new cases of COVID-19 reported on January 8th. The total number of reported COVID-19 cases in Carroll County is now 5,841.
This is the first time Carroll County has reported back to back days of 100 or more new cases of COVID-19 in one day. This is also only the fourth time Carroll County has reported 100 or more cases in a day. Here are the days with the most new cases reported in Carroll County:
- 153 cases on January 8
- 122 cases on December 12
- 101 cases on January 9
- 100 cases on December 17
Here is a daily look at the data in 2021:
Other data reported today from the state:
Here are important links with data on Coronavirus (COVID-19) numbers I use regularly:
- Maryland: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Howard County: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Departments/Health/MM-Alerts-and-Recalls
- Carroll County: https://cchd.maryland.gov/carroll-county-md-cases/
- Scott E’s Blog Google Spreadsheet (new for 2021): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feQ7tUQyizlHbeqm-nYJuXVKDXb_vgZOmzJ829k8xqA/edit?usp=sharing
- mSightly: https://www.msightly.com/covid-19/details.php?documentID=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&documentName=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&eventID=9999&category_id=Maryland&category=Maryland&objectID=276
Note: Daily COVID-19 updates going forward will only happen when something significant needs to be reported during the week. Weekly weekend charts will continue to happen on Saturday or Sunday (depending on my schedule and the timing of the release of the information). I have paused the weekly charts in January 2021 and they will restart in February. Monthly charts will happen around the 1st of each month.