Below are the weekly tracking charts in Howard County and Maryland I have been working on for some time now. If interested in the data behind the charts I have this handy Google Sheet with the specifics of the data noted on the graphs in this article.
Here are the weekly tracking charts looking at the total number of reported cases in Maryland and Howard County:
Here are the weekly tracking charts of the number of deaths in Maryland and in Howard County:
Here is the weekly tracking chart of hospitalizations (“ever hospitalized”) in Maryland:
Here is the weekly tracking numbers for new ICU and Acute Hospital Beds for COVID-19, Currently in Use:
Here is another look at beds in use in Howard County over time – daily look (new chart via the new HoCo Health Dashboard):
Here is the weekly tracking of number of people tested weekly across the state (looking at positive cases and people testing negative):
Note – Total testing (as I am tracking it by persons testing positive and persons testing negative) was below 100,000 for the week across the state.
People testing positive (as I am tracking it by persons testing positive and persons testing negative) is at 20.73%. Again…I know this is a different number than what the state is putting out (as they are looking at total tests positive and I am looking at “people” testing positive vs negative). I have added the positivity % reported by the state (8.94% over the past week) to this chart above (in blue).
Here is a similar chart from mSightly: https://www.msightly.com/covid-19/details.php?documentID=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Discrepancy&documentName=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Discrepancy&eventID=9999&category_id=Maryland&category=Maryland&objectID=254
I have a chart showing the state reported number and the Howard County reported number in a separate chart below.
Some of the significant COVID-19 related articles this past week via the blog:
- December 28th: COVID-19 update from Howard County Executive Calvin Ball on December 27th
- December 30th: Anne Arundel County Executive Issues Executive Order to Maintain Indoor Dining at 25% Capacity
- December 30th – Article Update: Restrictions on indoor and outdoor dining and bars in Maryland by county due to COVID-19 – Updated December 30th
- January 1st: Howard County Health Department concerned about individuals sharing private registration links for COVID-19 vaccinations with family members, friends, and colleagues
- January 2nd: Monthly tracking charts of Coronavirus data in Howard County and Maryland – through December 2020
Here are important links with data on Coronavirus (COVID-19) numbers I use regularly:
- Maryland: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Howard County: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Departments/Health/MM-Alerts-and-Recalls
- Scott E’s Blog Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OVZO0oIaEC__KXZ9LwtnhawO1NhdqE78VJ9Hd5LCQ0k/edit?usp=sharing
- mSightly: https://www.msightly.com/covid-19/details.php?documentID=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&documentName=MD%20-%20Positivity%20Trends%20by%20County&eventID=9999&category_id=Maryland&category=Maryland&objectID=276
Note: Daily COVID-19 updates going forward will only happen when something significant needs to be reported during the week. Weekly weekend charts will continue to happen on Saturday or Sunday (depending on my schedule and the timing of the release of the information). Monthly charts will happen around the 1st of each month.