Amended 2020-2021 Schedule of Board Meetings
Recommended Action: Move approval of the amended 2020-2021 Board Meeting Schedule.
Due to the uncertainty related to state and county revenues, as well as how enrollment declines in public schools will be addressed, the Superintendent has moved the presentation of the Proposed FY22 Operating Budget from Thursday, January 7, 2021, to Thursday, January 21, 2021. Therefore, it is recommended the FY 2022 budget schedule be adjusted as follows:
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 7 p.m. Presentation of the Superintendent’s Proposed FY22 Operating Budget
- Tuesday, January 28, 2021 1 p.m. Budget Work Session I
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 1 p.m. Budget Work Session II and 7 p.m. Budget Public Hearing I
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 1 p.m. Budget Work Session III
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021 1 p.m. Budget Work Session IV
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 1 p.m. Budget Work Session V and 7 p.m. Budget Public Hearing II
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 1 p.m. Budget Work Session VI (inclement weather date)
- Thursday, February 25, 2021 3 p.m. Adoption of Budget (prior to regularly scheduled Board Meeting)
The above dates have been coordinated with the County Executive’s Office and have also been reviewed for religious and cultural holiday conflicts.
Recommend approval of the amended 2020-2021 Schedule of Board of Education Meetings.
I am generally on the side of starting the budget process as early as possible but I can understand this request for the delay this year. 2020 has been difficult and budgets will be difficult for a number of organizations and entities.
I will update this article after the Board of Education makes a decision on this request.
Here was the vote on this issue: