The Horizon Foundation, Howard County General Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, and the Howard County Health Department, with support from County Executive Calvin Ball with host a vital discussion about the importance, development and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines on January 7, 2020. Here is information from the registration page for the event:
COVID-19 Vaccines: A Community Discussion
Please join us for an open, robust and vital discussion about the importance, development and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines. The discussion will be hosted by the Horizon Foundation, Howard County General Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, and the Howard County Health Department, with support from County Executive Calvin Ball.
The panel will include public health experts from Howard County as well as expertise from Johns Hopkins’ Bloomberg School of Public Health and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
The discussion will focus on the opportunities and challenges associated with COVID-19 vaccines currently approved or under development, and vaccine-distribution plans in Maryland and Howard County. The panel will also explore how communities of color have experienced health injustices and suggest ways to address racial equity in decisions related to the vaccine and its distribution.
The panel will include:
– Dr. Ruth Karron, Professor and Director Johns Hopkins Vaccine Initiative, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
– Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, President, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, and participant in a local COVID-19 clinical trial
– Dr. Maura Rossman, Howard County Health Officer
– Moderator Nikki H. Vernick, President and CEO, Horizon Foundation
– Moderator Dr. Mohammed Shafeeq Ahmed, Interim President, Howard County General Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine
People throughout our community are welcome to join this discussion and to pre-submit questions below in the questions & comments section or send them directly to Cat Harmon at email@example.com by 3 pm on Jan. 6.
Event date and time: Jan 7, 2021 06:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register for this event here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_I66a0iCRQACDMp8y1L3STg