Detectives arrest eight men in prostitution operation
In an effort to deter prostitution and human trafficking in Howard County, police conducted an undercover operation yesterday resulting in the arrest of eight men for solicitation of prostitution and related charges.
Officers arrested the would-be johns for soliciting prostitution at a hotel in the 8100 block of Washington Boulevard in Jessup. As part of the operation, detectives placed fake ads on websites known by detectives to be used for prostitution. Men who called the number in the ad spoke with an undercover officer who provided a meeting location upon the caller’s request. When the men arrived and offered money for sex acts, they were arrested and charged with solicitation of prostitution and disorderly conduct:
- Jose Luis Pons, 39, of Severn
- Emanuel Nicholas Karas, 49, of Arnold
- Frank Joachim Tarimo, 31, of Baltimore
- Sandeep Maharjan, 29, of Silver Spring
- Edwin P. Udoh, 46, of Catonsville
- Kyle Brian Nkafu-Ashu, 19, of Cockeysville
- Nelson Navas-Gomez, 37, of Brooklyn Park
- Benjamin D. Williams, 31, of Owings Mills
This operation is part of Howard County’s ongoing effort to combat prostitution, human trafficking and related offenses and aids in making the county an unappealing place for traffickers and johns. None of the men arrested in this operation reside in Howard County.
If you are a victim of human trafficking, HCPD can offer housing, treatment and other help. If you suspect human trafficking, OR YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS A VICTIM:
• CALL 911 or 410-313-3200 to speak privately to a detective.
• Tip line: 410-290-3784 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org