County Executive Ball to Announce Howard County COVID-19 Artist Relief Fund
County Executive Calvin Ball will announce grants for Howard County live venues and arts community on Wednesday, September 9 at 11:00 a.m. at the Howard County Arts Council. The event will also be streamed live on the County Executive’s Facebook page. The grants are funded through the CARES Act.
“The Howard County arts community is one of the most creative, prolific and diverse throughout our state, and we have a deep history and culture of supporting the arts in our community,” said Ball. “While COVID-19 has disrupted so many facets of our daily lives – it has hit our arts and creative community especially hard. A season of empty seats, hollow halls, and quiet studios has caused lasting economic damage. We want these grants to provide a bridge of support, to get this community through this moment, and come back stronger than before.”
WHAT: Art and Live Venue Grants Announcement
WHEN: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: Howard County Arts Council, 8510 High Ridge Road, Ellicott City
- Calvin Ball, County Executive
- Larry Twele, President, Howard County Economic Development Authority
- Toby and Hal Orenstein, Owners, Toby’s Dinner Theatre
- Jean Parker, Merriweather Post Pavilion
- Ian Kennedy, Downtown Columbia Arts and Culture Commission
- Stephanie Williams, Drama Learning Center
- Robert Neal Marshall, Director, Columbia Festival of the Arts
- Ernest Douglas, Musician