County Executive Calvin Ball is hosting a Health and Wellness Townhall on Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. Nine major leaders in the health profession in Howard County will answer questions and discuss pressing health topics including COVID-19, behavioral and mental health, and innovations in healthcare. To register for the townhall via WebEx, please click here. To submit questions, please email email@example.com. This event will additionally be livestreamed on the Howard County Executive Calvin Ball Facebook Page.
“As a community we’re still facing the worst public health crisis of our time, and COVID-19 is creating a domino effect of challenges on the health of our residents,” said Ball. “This crisis continues to exacerbate the cracks and ruptures in our systems, and we’ve gathered a diverse group of professionals to address your most pressing questions. We recognize how mental health support has suffered, the importance of accessible and affordable care, and the urgency of innovation in our healthcare. I hope you’ll join us for this vital discussion, so we can move the needle forward and provide a better quality of life for all in Howard County.”
WHEN: Tuesday, August 25 at 6 p.m.
WHERE: Online via Webex or Howard County Executive Calvin Ball Facebook Page
- Calvin Ball, County Executive
- Denise Giuliano, Executive Director of NAMI Howard County
- Dr. Matthew Levy, Medical Director for Howard County Fire and Rescue Services
- Dr. Yvette Oquendo-Berruz, Medical Director at CareFirst and Horizon Foundation Board Member
- Lisa Pearson, LCSW-C, Director of Behavioral Health Services at Chase Brexton and Horizon Foundation Board Member
- Dr. Patricia Pugh, Deputy Director of Emergency Medicine at Howard County General Hospital
- Dr. Maura Rossman, Howard County Health Officer
- Dr. Ralph Semmel, Director of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
- Steve Snelgrove, President of Howard County General Hospital
- Dr. Celián Valero-Colón, One World Healthcare and Horizon Foundation Board Member