Howard County Rent and Eviction Relief
Howard County residents may apply for financial assistance to pay past due rent payments to prevent eviction. The $1.5 million in housing payment relief is being allocated through local non-profit partnerships. Applicants must be Howard County residents, provide proof of home address, and provide evidence of loss of income due to COVID-related job loss, reduction in hours, and/or medical illness. The maximum assistance per household is three months of housing expense.
Residents may contact one of the participating providers for an application:
- Community Action Council, cac-hc.org, 410-313-6440
- The United Way, uwcm.org, 211
- Grassroots, grassrootcrisis.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-531-6677
- Family and Children’s Services, fcsmd.org, email@example.com, 443-864-0379
- Foreign-Born Information and Referral Network (FIRN), firnonline.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-276-3166
Applicants must also meet maximum household income limits, which are based on 80% of the Howard County area median income.