Howard County Executive Calvin Ball is hosting a Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, March 26th at 6:30 pm to answer questions and concerns from Howard County residents about coronavirus and the local response, the census, and upcoming elections. Residents can call in at 855-756-7520 ext. 57556#. The event will also be live-streamed online.
“I want the Howard County community to know that our government is working tirelessly to keep our public safe and informed,” said Ball. “We’re hosting this town hall to provide updates, clarity, and reassurance to our residents as we face this challenge. We will get through this together, with collective action, compassion, and kindness.”
Residents are encouraged to pre-register, they can sign-up online and will receive a phone call to join the virtual town hall. Joining County Executive Ball are the following panelists:
- William Anuszewski – Acting Fire Chief, Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services
- Raul Delerme – Director, Howard County Department of Recreation and Parks
- Mike Hinson – Deputy Director, Office of Emergency Management
- Dr. Michael Martirano – Superintendent, Howard County School System
- Lisa Myers – Police Chief, Howard County Police Department
- Dr. Maura Rossman – Health Officer Howard County Health Department
- Jackie Scott – Director, Department of Community Resources and Services
- Sameer Sidh, Chief of Staff, Office of the County Executive
- Larry Twele – CEO, Howard County Economic Development Authority
I have signed up to participate in the virtual town hall. I am very interested to see how they plan to conduct the virtual town hall (what technology they plan to utilize).
This will be a telephone town hall. I will see if I can get in a question during this virtual town hall.