The following was posted on Facebook today from the Chinese American Political Association, PAC:
CAPA PAC is excited to announce our endorsements for 2020 BOE election. Our endorsed candidates are:
– Christina Delmont-Small in District 1
– Sezin Palmer in District 4
– Dr. Yun Lu in district 5
The endorsement statements for these 3 candidates are posted on our website. https://capa-pac.org
CAPA PAC selected these candidates based on information collected from candidates’ responses to our Questionnaire and their responses to questions posed at candidate forums as well as a variety of other credible sources. Our endorsement criteria for BOE candidate include
– The candidate advocates for core values shared by Asian Americans including, but not limited to, diversity and inclusion, strong families and communities, responsible government, education excellence, and individual responsibility.
– The candidate is committed to improving education for every student, and valuing evidence based and data driven decision making over ideology.
– The candidate possesses intellectual curiosity, as well as willingness and ability to learn multiple aspects of HCPSS operations and priorities. A candidate’s knowledge of HCPSS operations would be a plus.
– The candidate has a track record of community service, including advocacy/service within HCPSS.
– The candidate has demonstrated ability and temperament to work collaboratively with others, and has the potential to establish a cordial working relationship with other board members as well as officials in other government agencies, e.g., county and state government.
CAPA PAC is committed to help Ms. Delmont-Small, Ms. Palmer and Dr. Lu to be successfully elected to Howard County Board of Ed.