HoCo Families for Education Improvement published the following information on Facebook last night:
FEI Legal Committee Update: Lorraine Lawrence-Whittaker and her firm just filed a Petition for Injunction and Request for Immediate Emergency Hearing to stop the Redistricting (due to the OMA violations). Read the filing here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track…
Remember: “As stated by member Coombs on November 21,
2019 and further admitted by Chair Ellis on December 17, 2019, each and every one of these boundary adjustments are interwoven and interdependent and if one vote fails, the whole plan falls apart. Thus all families affected by the redistricting at every affected school are affected by the illegal actions of the Defendant BOE. “
Please give to support our legal challenge and HOLD HCPSS BOE Accountable. Thank you. https://www.aplos.com/…/FamiliesforEducationImprove…/general (designate your donation for “legal” costs)
Here is that post:
The stories just continue to come relating to those opposing the decisions made by the HoCoBOE relating to redistricting or related to the Open Meetings Act violation. Here is a summary of what I know about (and have written about):
- Petition filed for immediate Injunction and Other Relief for OMA violation in Howard County Redistricting
- Appeal filed with Maryland State Board of Education to void the HCPSS redistricting plan
- Six additional appeals filed with Maryland State Board of Education relating to HCPSS redistricting
- Multiple alleged violations by the Howard County Board of Education noted in complaint to Open Meetings Act Compliance Board
- Complaint to the Open Meetings Compliance Board has been filed
So dealing with all of this is the Circuit Court of Howard County, Maryland State Board of Education and the Open Meetings Compliance Board.
I expect some of the items above to have decisions soon while other may last a while (those in Circuit Court).
Stay tuned…I will continue to track these items as I receive new information.
As a reminder: FEI to host Redistricting Legal Update and Q&A Session with Lorraine Lawrence-Whittaker on January 8th. So not only do I expect the discussion about the 6 petitions filed to the SBOE to be discussed but also now this filing in Circuit Court.