Today is the final day of 2019. It has been a fun year and the blog has had a few nice milestones:
- Over 518,000 page views in 2019…a significant rise over the 197,367 page views in 2018.
- The blog was voted “Best Blog” in the Howard Magazine’s Best of Howard County 2019. One again…thank you to all that voted for the blog.
Here are the top stories published on the blog in 2019 (based on page views):
- HCPSS Superintendent Redistricting Plan for High Schools – The Data
- Updated HCPSS Redistricting Maps From Community Resident
- The 2019 Maple Lawn Street Festival Has Been Canceled
- HoCo Brew Hive To Replace T-Bonz In Ellicott City Maryland
- HCPSS Superintendent Presentation of Attendance Area Adjustment Plan
- Protest of the HCPSS Redistricting Plan at River Hill HS on August 26th
- Your personal Google+ account is going away on April 2, 2019
- Images and Video from Tornado Warning On May 30 in Howard County
- Howard County Executive Calvin Ball Releases Statement On HCPSS Redistricting Proposal
- HCPSS Superintendent Redistricting Plan for Elementary Schools – The Data
Six of the top 10 posts in 2019 had to do with the HCPSS redistricting process that happened this past year. Three other local stories (Maple Lawn Festival, HoCo Brew Hive and the Tornado back in May) and the Tech story (Google+ going away) rounded out the top 10 for 2019.
I look forward to continuing to follow local stories over the next year. The upcoming budgets for County Government and the school system as well as the race for Howard County Board of Education are just a few of things on my mind for the upcoming year. I am sure there will be a great amount to continue to write about in 2020 here in Howard County.
Thanks to all that read the blog and enjoy the information provided. It is a great hobby for me at 4:30am (or so) every morning.
Have a wonderful (and safe) New Years Eve. I will return to writing next year.