Happy Black Friday to all of my readers. The Howard County Police Department has posted some tips for you this holiday season:
Good morning! Is this early or late by Black Friday standards?
Either way, here’s a few common sense tips for safe shopping this season:
• Travel with a group or in pairs, and schedule shopping trips during the day.
• Stay alert, especially when carrying packages or walking on a parking lot or in a garage.
• Avoid carrying too many packages, and leave one hand free to access keys or your phone quickly.
• Park in a well-lit parking space, and select an area where there are other cars and foot traffic.
• Don’t leave cell phones, purses or other valuables in a parked car – especially in plain view.
• When loading packages into the car, use the trunk instead of the back seat.
• Beware of strangers approaching you unsolicited. Walk in another direction if you feel uncomfortable.
• Report suspicious activity: call 911 in an emergency, or (410) 313-2200 in non-emergencies.
For all of you that will be out and about today to take advantage of the wonderful deals…have fun and stay safe.