This event is happening in Howard County today: Building Equity: Educational Equity & Housing Affordability – Hosted by Center Maryland. Here is a link to the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1311300785699502/
Event details include:
Educational Equity and Housing Affordability should be a top priority in Maryland. Join us as the 10th Secretary of Education under President Obama and President & CEO of the Education Trust, John King, Jr. leads the discussion on the path toward a solution. King will be joined by several distinguished thought leaders including:
• Rev. Dr. Alvin Hathaway, Sr., Pastor at Union Baptist Church
• Sabina Taj, Howard County School Board Member
• Nick Stewart, Former Vice-Chair, Baltimore County School Board
• And more!
Join us as we forge a frank and thoughtful discussion to lead our state forward.
What’s happening with Maryland’s equity and affordability landscape?
“Let’s Talk About It.”
The event runs from noon to 3:30pm and will be happening at The Meeting House (5885 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia, Maryland 21045).
Interesting items of note:
- Current Howard County Board of Education member (Sabina Taj) is on the panel
- It does cost $20 to attend this event (but you get a box lunch at the event). Noted on the EventBrite link: *Notice: Online Registration Has Closed. On-site Registration Will Be Available.”
- There have been questions about Maryland Building Industry Association (MBIA) association to this event and what that means for this event
- Elevate Maryland will be onsite and conducting a show before the event starts (Episode 68 with former Secretary of Education John B. King)
I hope we all receive some good information after this event is over. I for one am interested in hearing what is discussed.