Maryland Governor Larry Hogan is scheduled to sign more bills into law today (April 30, 2019)…and one of those bills is from the Howard County Delegation: HB1405 – Howard County – Transfer Tax – Collection by Director of Finance Ho. Co. 30-19.
This would make four of the seven bills passed signed into law:
- HB0590 – Howard County Board of Education – Election of Members Ho. Co. 01–19
- HB1306 – Howard County – Howard County Housing Commission – Subsidiary Entities Ho. Co. 26-19
- HB1406 – Howard County – Department of Correction – Authority to Establish Programs Ho. Co. 29-19
- HB1405 – Howard County – Transfer Tax – Collection by Director of Finance Ho. Co. 30-19
The three remaining bills not signed (or scheduled to be signed) yet include:
- HB0869 – Howard County – Alcoholic Beverages – Marketplace License Ho. Co. 06–19
- HB1166 – Howard County – Authority to Impose Fees for Use of Disposable Bags Ho. Co. 04-19
- HB1409 – Howard County – School Facilities Surcharge – Rates Ho. Co. 03-19
You can keep track with the latest on all bills HERE. I am still holding out hope that Governor Hogan will veto HB1166 (The Howard County Bag Tax – a bill that would allow our County Council to bring forward a punitive tax on shoppers here in Howard County).
There are two additional dates scheduled for bill signings by the Governor:
- May 13, 2019 – 11:00 AM
- May 23, 2019 – 10:00 AM
Stay tuned…as additional bills are signed or vetoed…I will update in future posts.