30 precent of the Alliance of American Football (AAF) regular season is complete…let us take a look at the players on offense and defense leading the way early on this season:
QBs: (Most Passing Yards)
- Garrett Gilbert (Orlando) – 827 yards
- Logan Woodside (San Antonio) – 629 yards
- Matt Simms (Atlanta) – 614 yards
Other notable items: Luis Perez (Birmingham) leads the league in passing attempts (102), Luis Perez (Birmingham) and Matt Simms leads the lead in pass completions (60), John Wolford (Arizona) leads the league in completion percentage (63%), John Wolford leads the league in passing touchdowns (7).
RBs: (Most Rushing Yards)
- Ja’Quan Gardner (San Diego) – 281 yards
- Zac Stacy (Memphis) – 188 yards
- D’Ernest Johnson (Orlando) – 171 yards
Embed from Getty Images
Other notable items: Trent Richardson (Birmingham) leads the league in rushing attempts (59), Ja’Quan Gardner leads the league in yards per attempt (8.0 yards) (minimum 15 rushing attempts), Trent Richardson leads the league in rushing touchdowns (6).
WRs: (Most Receiving Yards)
- Charles Johnson (Orlando) – 305 yards
- Rashad Ross (Arizona) – 221 yards
- Quinton Patton (Birmingham) – 209 yards
Other notable items: Rashad Ross leads the league in total receptions (15), Charles Johnson leads the league in yards per catch (21.8 yards) (minimum 7 receptions), Rashad Ross leads the league in receiving touchdowns (4).
- Tyson Graham, Jr. – DB (Atlanta) – 24
- Beniquez Brown – LB (Birmingham) – 19
- DeMarquis Gates – LB (Memphis) – 19
Other notable items: leaders in solo tackles are: Tyson Graham (20), DeMarquis Gates (18) and Beniquez Brown (17).
- Karter Schult – DE (Salt Lake) – 4
- Shaan Washington – LB (San Antonio) – 3
- Two players tied with 2.5 sacks
- Terence Garvin – LB (Orlando) – 3
- Five players tied with 2 interceptions
It would not shock me to see a few of the names above on NFL rosters next season.
Be sure to check out all of the updated stats on the AAF website: https://aaf.com/league/stats