Here is the notification sent out today:
The Howard County Delegation has scheduled their next meeting to discuss and potentially vote on local bills. The work/voting session will be held on Wednesday, February 6, 2019, at 8:30am in the Lowe House of Delegates Building, Room 218, 6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, Maryland 21401. Delegation meetings are open to the public. The agenda for this meeting is attached and all of the 2019 proposed legislation may be viewed on the County website at: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/About-HoCo/State-Delegation/Proposed-Local-Legislation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Howard County Delegation Administrator
Maryland General Assembly
The Maryland House of Delegates
6 Bladen Street, Room 214B
Annapolis, MD 21401
phone: 410 -841-3360, 301-858-3360
Here is the information in the attachment:
Howard County Delegation
February 6nd, 2019
Howard County Delegation Room (LHOB Room 218) – 8:30am
The Delegation will discuss and possibly vote on the following proposed local bills. This agenda is subject to change at the discretion of the Chairs.
Bond Initiative Requests:
- Butterfly Building for Visual Arts Gallery and Guest Services – Design and Build, Ho. Co. 05-19, $250,000 (Revised); Sponsored by: Delegate Hill
Proposed Local Bills
- Howard County – Orphans’ Court Judges – Qualifications, Ho. Co. 2–19; Sponsored by: Delegate Atterbeary
- Howard County – Impact Fees – Calculation, Ho. Co. 3–19; Sponsored by: Delegate Atterbeary
- Howard County – Authority to Impose Fees for Use of Disposable Bags, Ho. Co. 4–19; Sponsored by: Delegate Hill
- Howard County – Alcoholic Beverages – Marketplace License, Ho. Co. 06-19; Sponsored by: Delegate Hill
- Howard County – Ethics – Limit on Developer Contributions, Ho. Co. 12-19; Sponsored by: Delegate Miller
- Howard County – Howard County Housing Commission – Subsidiary Entities, Ho. Co. 26–19; Sponsored by: Delegate Feldmark
- Howard County – Dep. of Corrections – Authority to Establish Programs, Ho. Co. 29-19; Sponsored by: Chair, Howard County Delegation
- Howard County – Collection and Allocation of County Transfer Tax, Ho. Co. 30-19; Sponsored by: Chair, Howard County Delegation
There are some classics on the list above (Orphans’ Court, Impact Fees, Bag Tax and Limit on Developer Contributions)…and some new stuff I know very little about (Collection and Allocation of County Transfer Tax, Dep. of Corrections – Authority to Establish Programs and Howard County Housing Commission – Subsidiary Entities). Hopefully the text goes online before the 6th for the new items.
The Bag Tax remains on my WATCH CLOSELY list…and see who votes for it and who votes against it. If Senator Guzzone is there this week I would expect a detailed conversation about amendments on what the revenue generated can be used for (See This Update). If they make it through that conversation…it will not surprise me if they vote up or down in this bill on the 6th….so stay tuned…I promise to detail out the votes if that happens.
Last week we got the meeting live streamed on Facebook from Senator Lam and Delegate Hill…I REALLY hope they do that again. I am really impressed they have embraced that technology in order to share what is happening in those meetings.