I thought it would be fun to take a look at the finance reports for our newly elected officials on the Howard County Council…it was something I did throughout the last election cycle and thought I would continue reporting this information going forward.
Prior to the reports released on January 16th (what I am reporting on here) the last report was the 11/20/2018 Post-General Gubernatorial report.
Here is the summary information for all council members:
- Opel Jones (District 2) has the most campaign money in the bank on the council today.
- David Yungmann (District 5) reported spending the most money since November 20th.
- Liz Walsh (District 1) has the least money on hand and spent the least money since November 20th.
Here are some interesting items on the reports by candidates (things I look for are significant contribution amounts, PAC money, campaign transfers, significant outstanding loans & unpaid bill balances and other items that might catch my eye on a report).
Liz Walsh (District 1):
Has a little bit of money listed in Loans & Unpaid Bills ($2,500.00)
Opel Jones (District 2):
Picked up some cash from other campaigns:
- 12/08/2018 Atterbeary, Vanessa Committee to Elect $1,000.00
- 12/08/2018 Gibson, Richard Friends of $1,062.50
- 01/07/2019 Harris, Marcus Citizens for $700.00
Christiana Rigby (District 3):
No notable items on the report
Deb Jung (District 4):
Has a significant amount of money listed in Loans & Unpaid Bills ($29,404.70)
David Yungmann (District 5):
Picked up some PAC money:
- 11/14/2018 Howard County Police Supervisors Alliance PAC $250.00
That is it. If you want to dig through the reports, visit: https://campaignfinancemd.us/Public/ViewFiledReports?theme=vista and search each elected official to get their reports.
I will be breaking down additional reports in the near future…to include our County Executive, Howard County Board of Education members and other locally elected officials.