We all knew this was coming…support for Google+ is coming to an end as Google+ begins the process of shutting down…and Hootsuite notified users today of their end of support on January 28, 2019. Here is the information they sent out:
Google recently announced it would be shutting down Google+ for consumers. This process will begin on January 28, 2019 by deprecating APIs which third-party platforms like Hootsuite use.
What you need to know about the Google+ shutdown:
• Hootsuite will no longer support Google+ starting January 28.
• For those using Google+ to log in to Hootsuite, we recommend you use your email and password starting January 28 as Google+ login attempts may fail. Make sure there is a valid email address in your Hootsuite account settings to continue accessing your account. Also, if you don’t have a Hootsuite password, you’ll need to reset your password on the login page.
• You won’t be able to re-authenticate your Google+ account starting January 28.
• Messages scheduled to be published to Google+ pages after January 28 may be unsuccessful.
• On February 28, Google+ will be removed from Hootsuite.
For more information, please see our help article.
I am betting more and more services that have utilized Google+ will be sending these notifications in the coming weeks and months…so be on the lookout.