A work session is scheduled to discuss some of the proposed legislation that may be heading to Annapolis in 2019. Here is the public notice sent out today:
The Howard County Delegation has scheduled their first meeting to discuss and potentially vote on local bills. The first work/voting session of 2019 will be held on Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at 9:00am in the Lowe House of Delegates Building, Room 218, 6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, Maryland 21401. Delegation meetings are open to the public. The agenda for this meeting is attached and all of the 2019 proposed legislation may be viewed on the County website at: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/About-HoCo/State-Delegation/Proposed-Local-Legislation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Howard County Delegation Administrator
Maryland General Assembly
The Maryland House of Delegates
6 Bladen Street, Room 214B
Annapolis, MD 21401
phone: 410 -841-3360, 301-858-3360
Here is the agenda attached to the public notice email:
Howard County Delegation
January 16, 2019
Howard County Delegation Room (LHOB Room 218) – 9:00 a.m.
The Delegation will discuss and possibly vote on the following proposed local bills. This agenda is subject to change at the discretion of the Delegation or Chairs.
Bond Initiative Requests:
- Butterfly Building for Visual Arts Gallery and Guest Services – Design and Build, Ho. Co. 05-19, $2,000,000; Sponsored by: Delegate Hill
- Historic Barnard Fort House Restoration, Ho. Co. 09-19, $150,000; Sponsored by: Chair, Howard County Delegation
- Historic Thomas Isaac Log Cabin Relocation and Rehabilitation, Ho. Co. 10-19, $100,000; Sponsored by: Chair, Howard County Delegation
- Harriet Tubman Community Center and Museum – Development and Improvement, Ho. Co. 17–19, $500,000; Sponsored by: Delegate Atterbeary
- Carrolton Hall Restoration, Ho. Co. 19-19, $200,000; Sponsored by: Senator Hester and Delegate Watson
- Gateway Innovation Center, Ho. Co. 20-19, $500,000; Sponsored by: Senator Guzzone
- Carroll Baldwin Hall Renovations, Ho. Co. 21-19, $315,000; Sponsored by: Delegate Terrasa
- 2nd Ellicott Quaker Schoolhouse – Rehabilitation/Children’s Museum, Ho. Co. 23-19, $100,000; Sponsored by Delegate Watson
- Humanin – iHomes Affordable Housing Construction, Ho. Co. 24-19, $100,000 Sponsored by Delegate Terrasa
I responded via email and asked when the next work session would be on the other proposed bills…I did not get an immediate response…but if I do hear back…I will update this article.