After a crazy overtime loss to the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday…the Baltimore Ravens remain in 6th place…keeping them in the playoff hunt…but with three weeks to go in the season…the Ravens need to play well in order to keep that position. Here are the current AFC playoff standings:
(x) Kansas City
Four teams are all tied at 7 – 6 in the AFC…here are the current tie breakers for those in the AFC:
- New England is ahead of Houston based on head to head (1-0).
- Indianapolis is ahead of Tennessee in the AFC South based on head to head (1-0).
- Baltimore and Miami are ahead of Indianapolis based on conference record (Ravens’ and Dolphins’ 6-4 to the Colts’ 6-5).
- Baltimore is ahead of Miami based on common games record (4-1 to the Dolphins’ 3-1).
- Indianapolis is ahead of Miami based on head to head (1-0).
- Miami is ahead of Tennessee based on head to head (1-0).
Given the tie breakers listed above…the Titans are probably done this year.
The Ravens have three games left…and it is not a horrible schedule:
Sun, Dec 16 vs Tampa Bay
Sat, Dec 22 @ Los Angeles
Sun, Dec 30 vs Cleveland
The big question for next week…what do the Ravens do a QB? Will it be Flacco getting his job back or will the Ravens stick with Jackson for these final three games. This will be a key decision as the Ravens continue to push towards the playoffs.