Yep…it is that time again….time for campaign finance numbers….I have lots to look through…and now that we are in the general election cycle….I actually have time to review the numbers a little more closely. I am starting this series with candidates running for Maryland State Delegate in District 9B (Flanagan and Watson). Here are the summary numbers:
So here are my observations with the latest numbers:
- Raised NO money this cycle…but to be fair…did not spend much money either.
- Holds a slight edge in total cash on hand over Watson.
- Raised the most money (which is easy to do when you opponent does not raise any money at all).
- Took in cash from currently elected officials…here are the ones that caught my attention: (this is not the full list)
- Congressman Cummings: $1,000
- Maryland State Senator Guzzone: $6,000
- Maryland State Senator Kasemeyer: $5,000
- Took in some cash from PACs:
- Brown, David S. Enterprises PAC: $100
- Baltimore Washington Construction & Public Employees Laborers PAC: $250
So basically both candidates are neck and neck when it comes to cash on hand…and this being one of the most interesting races in 2018….the money aspect of this race makes it even more interesting.
Here is a link to find all of the campaign reports for any candidate…in case you want to go lookup the actual reports: https://campaignfinancemd.us/Public/ViewFiledReports
I am planning on a lot more reports in the coming days…so stay tuned.