Welcome to WordPress Wednesday….where from time to time I will feature some great plugins you can use in WordPress. This will not be an every Wednesday thing…but something that I will do every now and then…and hopefully for those using WordPress for your website…you will find these helpful.
This week I am featuring the WordPress plugin “All-In-One WP Migration“. If you are looking to move your website to a new location or setup a testing environment for your site, you will not find a better plugin than this one. Here is some information from the developer:
This plugin exports your WordPress website including the database, media files, plugins and themes with no technical knowledge required.
Upload your site to a different location with a drag and drop in to WordPress.
There is an option to apply an unlimited number of find and replace operations on your database during the export process. The plugin will also fix any serialisation problems that occur during the find/replace operation.
Mobile device compatible: All in One WP Plugin is the first plugin to offer true mobile experience on WordPress versions 3.3 and up.
No limitations on host or operating system
- We have tested the plugin on the major Linux distributions, MacOS and Microsoft Windows.
- Please see the list of hosting providers that we work with.
Bypass all upload size restriction
- We use chunks to import your site data. Most providers set the maximum upload file size to 2MB. As the file restrictions are only applied to each chunk, webserver upload size restrictions are bypassed by keeping the chunks under 2MB to easily upload your entire site.
- The plugin does not require any PHP extensions and works with all versions of PHP from v5.2 onwards. This is great news for v5.2 users who are unsupported by many other products.
Support for MySQL and MySQLi
- No matter what php mysql driver your webserver ships with, we support it.
Compatible with WordPress v3.3 to present
- We have a comprehensive Quality Assurance and testing process that ensures that the plugin is always compatible with the latest release of WordPress, but we don’t support versions of WordPress prior to version 3.3 (2012)
WP-CLI Integration is included
- For the community version of the plugin please watch the instruction videos below and see our FAQ.
- If you have more complex requirements, our team is here to help. If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch at help.servmask.com
- All premium products include premium support.
Migrate WordPress to cloud storage services using our completely new premium extensions
All of the Cloud Storage and Multisite extensions include premium support and the Unlimited extension free of charge
- Google Drive
- Amazon S3
- DigitalOcean Spaces
- Backblaze B2
- Google Cloud Storage
- Microsoft Azure Storage
Supported hosting providers
The plugin does not have any dependancies, making it compatible with all PHP hosting providers. We support a vast range of hosting providers. Some of the most popular include:
- Web Hosting Hub
- WP Engine
- See the full list of supported providers here
Here is a link to the plugin on WordPress.org: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/
One item of note with this plugin…it works best with PHP version 5.4…I know…that is not optimal…but the testing I have done says it does not always work in other hosting PHP versions. If not on PHP 5.4, the export or import process will sometimes hang…which is annoying as heck. You can always setup PHP 5.4, move the site, then upgrade to a newer version of PHP that is better for your website.
I have used this plugin on more that 40 websites and it makes moving and setting up a testing environment so easy…moving all of the files and the database. I HIGHLY recommend this plugin. If I had to give it a rating…4.5 stars (would be 5 stars if it worked better in other PHP versions).