This is my first evaluation of online outreach activity for candidates running for Maryland State Senate in District 12. We have a primary on the Dem side of the race between Lam and Sigaty…but I am listing Hooe in this evaluation to show the comparisons of all candidates.
Clarence Lam (D): http://www.clarencelam.com/
Mary Kay Sigaty (D): https://www.sigaty.com/
Joe Hooe (R): http://www.joehooe.org/
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
|Clarence Lam (D)||888||1,785|
|Mary Kay Sigaty (D)||1,105||994|
|Joe Hooe (R)||937||n/a|
- Sigaty holds the advantage in overall Facebook followers.
- Lam holds a decent advantage on Twitter followers.
- Hooe is the only candidate not using Twitter for outreach to potential voters.
- No tracking data on new follower adds yet…that will come in the next evaluation.
Engagement numbers: for this evaluation I am looking at Facebook engagement over the past week:
- Lam has been the most active of all of the candidates over the past week with 9 posts.
- Lam has a significant advantage in Facebook engagement (likes, comments and shares of posts).
- All candidates are adding new followers…but Lam has added the most over the past week.
All of the engagement numbers favor Lam in this evaluation…his campaign should be happy about that fact.
Stay tuned for more scorecards over the next week.