Ok, week four of the preseason is the worst week. This is a week for a lot of players they may not event be on the team to get one last chance to show if they can play at the NFL talent level. Here is how the teams finished the year:
Baltimore Raves (4-0)
The Ravens finish out the preseason undefeated knocking off the Saints 23-14. I guess the only real item to talk about was Perriman (WR) was able to rack up a couple of catches for 25 yards.
Tennessee Titans (3-1)
The Titans close out preseason with a 21-10 win over the Dolphins. Rookie Running Back D. Henry rushed seven times for 62 yards and a TD (his third of the preseason). Other than Henry, the remainder of this game was nearly unwatchable. (five turnovers between both teams – just horrible).
Final Roster Cuts: Here are some “notable” names cut by the Ravens and Titans to get down to the 53 man roster:
- RB Justin Forsett – Did not see that one coming. I guess the Ravens are going with West as their primary RB this season.
- WR Keenan Reynolds – I was bummed to see this cut happen. This guy was so good for Navy in college, I was hoping he would find a spot on the team. Hopefully someone will pick him up at some point this season.
- WR Justin Hunter – The Tennessee Volunteer never really got consistent with the Titans over the past three years and with all of the free agents signed, this was not a total surprise.
- RB Bishop Sankey – He was kind of the odd man out in the new and improved Titan running game.
- RB Dexter McCluster – To be honest I was a bit surprised at this move. McCluster was expected to be the 3rd down back for the Titans this season…now who will that be?
Both the Ravens and Titans kick off their season on Sunday (Sept 11th) at 1:00pm.