MD01 still looks pretty safe for a Congressman Andy Harris reelection. The social media numbers are by far in his favor. Let us take a look at the numbers and online outreach links:
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
(D) Joe Werner: http://www.wernerformaryland.com/
(R) Andy Harris: http://www.andyharris.com/
(L) Matt Beers: http://www.beersforcongress.com/
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- Harris – added the most new followers over the past month on Facebook and remains the only candidate on Twitter. That being said, he has not tweeted since February 16th (disappointing).
- Werner – added seven new followers over the past month on Facebook.
- Beers – Added 10 new followers over the past month on Facebook.
- Other –
- Neither Werner nor Beers has taken to using Twitter yet. Now might be the time for their teams to get little more hip to social media outreach.
- Beers should really get his social media link(s) on his website someday. It can only help.
A significant factor in evaluating online outreach is looking at follower engagement. In August, I am back to focusing my reviews on Facebook engagement. Here are the numbers for the candidates over the past week:
- Harris had the best week with Facebook engagement (likes, shares and comments). I wished he was a little more active, but he is cruising to another victory out in eastern Maryland so I am not sure he needs it.
- Werner was by far the most active over the past week with nine posts (but the engagement score is pretty low).
Online outreach leader for August: HARRIS. This was pretty simple. He has the most followers, on the most social media channels and had the highest Facebook engagement score. A pretty easy win for him over the past month. Will the other candidates step it up between now and the September evaluation? Time will tell…
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.