I really wish I had interesting things to post about the MD05 race in August…but I don’t. Online outreach remains pretty minimal. With that being said, let us all take a look at the numbers over the past month.
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
(D) Steny Hoyer: http://www.hoyerforcongress.com/
(R) Mark Arness: http://www.arnessforcongress.com/home.html
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- Neither candidate is really doing much with online outreach. New follower gains were minimal over the past month.
- Hoyer – Has not posted on Facebook or Twitter since July 28th.
- Arness – Has one recent post on Facebook (August 5th) but his last tweet was July 26th.
A significant factor in evaluating online outreach is looking at follower engagement. In August, I am back to focusing my reviews on Facebook engagement. Here are the numbers for the candidates over the past week:
- As mentioned above, there has been very little activity and as such very little engagement (likes, shares and comments) on Facebook.
- I guess you can call Arness the winner with engagement (with a whopping 3 likes, shares or/and comments).
Online outreach leader for August: NO ONE. I can not in good faith name anyone an online outreach leader with the serious lack of posting or sharing. Maybe these candidates will pick it up over the next month. I personally hope they do.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.