I have come up with no new insights to pass along for the race in MD05 over the past month…but here are the numbers:
Here is a link to the June evaluaiton if interested: CLICK HERE
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
(D) Steny Hoyer: http://www.hoyerforcongress.com/
(R) Mark Arness: http://www.arnessforcongress.com/home.html
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- Hoyer – Added the most new Facebook and Twitter followers over the past month. He continues to hold a significant online outreach advantage in this race.
- Arness – Not great numbers over the past month, only adding three total followers on the two evaluated platforms. Here might be some reasons why:
- Twitter – Only one tweet in June on the 26th and no tweets at all this month yet.
- Facebook – Only three Facebook posts since the past evaluation and nothing yet in the month of July.
- Arness really needs to pick up his online outreach game in MD05.
I am not reporting the engagement numbers in July. Let’s be honest…this is the slow part of the campaign season and I expect numbers to be lower overall for many candidates. I will start reporting engagement numbers in August and continue updating those numbers through the General Election. In August I will start picking an online outreach leader in each race.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.