On to my General Election review of MD08. Raskin was the big winner on the Democrat side and Cox won out on the GOP side. Cox has a BIG hill to climb between now and November. He will need to use every tool he has for voter outreach.
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
(D) Jamie Raskin: https://jamieraskin.com/
(R) Dan Cox: http://www.coxforcongress.org/
(L) Jasen Wunder: No Website Found
(G) Nancy Wallace: www.nancywallace.us
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- No website found for Jasen Wunder (Libertarian candidate). Pretty disappointing!
- Nancy Wallace wins the Green Party nomination: “The 8th Congressional slot was won by Nancy Wallace, who won a three way contest against Elizabeth Croyden and Charles “Teddy” Galloway III.” – Read more at: http://www.montgomerycountygreenparty.org/
- Raskin holds a SIGNIFICANT online outreach advantage with Facebook and Twitter followers over all other candidates today.
- I do not have tracking data for the candidates other than Raskin. Tracking data will be available for all candidates in July.
- This is the seat previously held by Van Hollen and it will be difficult for anyone to knock off Jamie Raskin.
I am not reporting the engagement numbers in June. Let’s be honest…this is the slow part of the campaign season and I expect numbers to be lower overall for many candidates. I will start reporting engagement numbers in August and continue updating those numbers through the General Election. In August I will start picking an online outreach leader in each race.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.