This is my third look and the race in MD02. McDonough won out on the GOP side and looks to make a run at this congressional seat.Interested in the April evaluation? CLICK HERE Here is a little history some may find interesting:
|Dutch Ruppersberger||Democratic||105,718||54.16||Helen Delich Bentley||Republican||88,954||45.57|
|Dutch Ruppersberger||Democratic||164,751||66.62||Jane Brooks||Republican||75,812||30.66|
|Dutch Ruppersberger||Democratic||135,818||69.21||Jimmy Mathis||Republican||60,195||30.68|
|Dutch Ruppersberger||Democratic||198,578||71.9||Richard Pryce Matthews||Republican||68,561||24.8|
|Dutch Ruppersberger||Democratic||134,133||64.21||Marcelo Cardarelli||Republican||69,523||33.28|
|Dutch Ruppersberger||Democratic||194,088||65.6||Nancy C. Jacobs||Republican||92,071||31.1|
Let us all take a look at the candidates:
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
(D) Dutch Ruppersberger: http://www.dutchforcongress.com/
(R) Pat McDonough: http://www.patmcdonoughforcongress.com
The Scorecard: (Click the “Yes” or follower numbers below to view the social media page)
|Dutch Ruppersberger||5,142 (+117)||6,513 (+150)|
|Pat McDonough||1,781 (+898)||705 (+553)|
- There is another candidate in this race: Kristin S. Kasprzak (Libertarian). I have not found a campaign website for this candidate, so no listing above.
- Facebook – McDonough aded the most new Facebook followers since the last evaluation back in April.
- Twitter – McDonough also added the most new Twitter followers since the last evaluation.
- Ruppersberger holds a significant follower advantage on both Facebook and Twitter.
- Other outreach – I did not find any other forms of outreach from these candidates.
I am not reporting the engagement numbers in June. Let’s be honest…this is the slow part of the campaign season and I expect numbers to be lower overall for many candidates. I will start reporting engagement numbers in August and continue updating those numbers through the General Election. In August I will start picking an online outreach leader in each race.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.